|Goblin's Restoration - 1978 Spit6|
| Under hard braking, the
nose of this Spit6 would dive dramatically. Upon investigation I realized
it still had Spitfire springs up front.
The set of GT6 springs I had purchased for FIS6's build, were sitting in the corner. So...on this car they went.
It's called Shipwright's disease. "hhmmm... while I have this apart why don't I go ahead and do so and so. Well now that this is apart, why don't I fix this... and while I'm here why don't I ... " You get the picture.
By the time I was done, I'd cleaned up the calipers, new brake shoes, pins and keepers, cleaned and painted the hubs, stripped the paint off the shocks and repainted them, rebuilt the coil over assembly with the new GT6 springs, stripped and cleaned all the mounting hardware, cleaned up the a-arms, and replaced the steering tie-rod ends.
...a buddy of mine just emailed me after looking at these pics. So while editing some other pages here I had to come back here and add this update.
Ha! I guess after so many Spit and GT6 restos, I didn't even think about the fact that these were Spit brakes still on this car.
So.... yep.... there will be changed soon even. I've already got a complete spare GT6 front uprights and brakes setup sitting here, so they'll go on this car when I get some time to get back to working on it.
All material copyright© Teglerizer 1996-2008
last edited 03/18/10
hits since last reset